Private weddings are intimate affairs with a small guest list and scaled-down requirements. But keeping your wedding private and intimate is often a challenge. How can you be more successful at maintaining that privacy you desire? Here are a few tips for any couple.
1. Don't Stretch It Out. The longer the time between when you start planning a wedding and when you host it, the more likely you are to face unwanted guests, conflicting agendas, and additional pressure to make things larger and more complex. So keep your time frame short.
2. Use a Venue Package. The more time, energy, and money invested in planning the details of your wedding, the more word will get around. You may end up needing more help, involving more people, and talking about your wedding more often. Package arrangements take care of many of these details so you can carry on with other activities during the planning period.
3. Skip the Wedding Party. One quick way to accidentally increase the size of your wedding and the guest list is to have a big wedding party. Not only will this mean more individuals, couples, kids, and plus-ones, but you may be obligated to add attendants you don't even really want. Make things simple by skipping the full wedding party and honoring your friends in other ways.
4. Hire a Smaller Venue. Want a simple and non-negotiable way to keep your guest list and activities small? Hire a venue that limits its size from the beginning. You'll have the perfect reason to say 'no' to people and ideas, and you won't be the bad guy.
5. Take It on the Road. Even a small change in location can prevent a number of people from involving themselves in your wedding. This is why destination weddings are a big draw for private nuptials. But you don't have to go to the Caribbean to avoid wedding crashers. A venue just an hour or two away from your main base will also do the trick.
Where to Start
Want more help keeping your private wedding private? Start by touring private wedding venues in your intended area today. With their expertise and facilities, you'll soon find all the help you need to ensure that your wedding day is just the way you envisioned it — with those you want with you and without those you don't.
For more information about private wedding venue packages, contact a local venue.